Friday, January 14, 2011

The deep things of God

My mind is fuzzy. I have a hard time concentrating. If I don't write it down, it doesn't get bought or accomplished. And when I go to pray, my thoughts meander and drift and ramble aimlessly about in my soul. Today as I was praying I asked God for help. I miss Him but I feel gripped by this haze of worldly duty. Longing for the spiritual, I feel controlled by the flesh. What's up?

Very quickly, God directed me to I Corinthians 2. In a flash, I realized that my problem is one that resides in habitual thought. My mind has been redeemed by God through Christ's blood, but I have been living as if my mind is my own. First Corinthians 2: 16 states that I have the mind of Christ. The mind of Christ!

What have I been feeding my mind? Am I taking my thought captive unto Christ?

There is no barrier between me and my Savior. However, Satan has been very effective lately at distracting me. Can I blame him? No. I must confess my weakness before my Lord and then walk worthy of the calling for which He has called me. I am redeemed!

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, 
but the Spirit who is from God that we might know 
the things that have been freely given to us by God."
I Corinthians 2: 12

And what are those things? They are the deep things of God. Amen!

No comments: